Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Peonies, teacups, and Whiplash

The peonies are in full bloom. They smell divine!


Who remembers these?

They were thrift finds by Katie, the thrift goddess, who ran out of room for all her treasures and decided to put them up for grab in her Etsy shop. Now they are proudly gracing my tea table. (and look how nicely they match my vintage melons Pyrex dish)

I finally finished the Whiplash mini quilt. I blogged about the process here. Sewing away all the loose threads was quite a job. Fortunately we didn't have TV last night, since Gavin was trying to get the new surround sound system (to go with the BIG TV) working, so I had some time on my hands. Did I mention that I now have black cables running all over my family room floor? It's the new decorating trend, isn't it?

Once again, taking photos of something with this much contrast was a REAL pain.


9 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the back too.

    Just checking out your blog and your first page alone feels like a page from my life. My husband is jonesing for a trip to the Gorge and my sewing plans for the day involve a skirt from the Sew What? Skirts book and Heather's pincushions. Weird, hunh?

    I think we live near each other. Can you let me know where your favorite places to thrift are? I'm on the lookout for some new places. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just posted pink peonies too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh how I love those teacups! I'm glad they're in a good home!

    and I love the way your quilt turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt is great. What was the finished size?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt ended up a little bigger than I thought it would - about 22 x 27 inches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt is beautiful!!! Good job to you and those tea cups are awesome!! They look great with the bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really sweet! I love the back too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job with your fussy cutting, those little flowers are unexpected and really draw the eye.

    ReplyDelete