Friday, April 27, 2007

Friday Fun

First, a ripple update. Thank you so much for all your advice. Katie recommended using a stripe generator. It is amazing! I could play with it all day. It makes me want to make another ripple blanket with PLANNED colors, just so I can use the generator.
Anyway, for my "ugly" ripple, I eliminated the most offensive yarn while, I hope, still keeping enough to complete the blanket.
I think it looks OK...


One rainy day in February I strolled into Borders for coffee and browsing, when what to my wandering eyes should appear..."all calenders $1"!!! I picked up a couple of treasures, unsure of what I'd ever use them for. Then I saw this. And I needed a bigger pencil holder. So today, I'm doing decoupage.


After bringing in all my props from outside and putting them on the kitchen table, this little vignette kind of appealed to me as the story of what my day will probably be like...

...and it looks like fun!

P.S. Our quilt group's pink quilt sold for $685 on eBay!!!!

A little extra info: The pink quilt was for a charity auction on eBay benefiting Susan G. Komen for the Cure. It was a crazy quilt with a block done by each member of our group.

5 comments:

  1. congratulations on the sale of your blanket. you must be soo excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a fun Friday! love your little green pail...and the decoupage idea...great messy fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way the ripple blanket is looking. I'm glad the suggestion helped. That's so awesome that your quilt sold for that much. What a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, I´m so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went over to ebay and looked at the details of the blocks. Really stunning. What a talented group of women you all are.

    ReplyDelete