Friday, April 13, 2007

Still not crafting, but...

After reading Kim's post about the carrot cake she made, I've been taken over by the "need" for carrot cake. I just HAD to have it, so I made one. Mine was not nearly as pretty as hers...

..but it tasted great!


I received Denyse Schmidt's book "Quilts" from the library yesterday.

This was yet another acquisition triggered by reading too many blogs. This time it was Amanda discovering it and promptly making just about everything in it in a matter of days. I haven't made anything yet, but I will.

I also went shopping with Josh...


plaid shorts: $45


striped t-shirt: $30


black & white belt: $17


a decently dressed teenager: PRICELESS!

5 comments:

  1. oh, I hope that you enjoy that book as much as I have. it is a fabulous one.

    that carrot cake looks divine...my favorite kind of cake. I think I'll have to do some baking tomorrow. hmmmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment!!!
    I see we love the same things )carrot cake) and books!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anina, your cake DOES look beautiful and delicious! I'm so glad you made it and liked it!
    xo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrot cake is my favorit, now i´m hungry:o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Denyse Schmidt book, too. Enjoy it! BUT I CAN'T FIND MY COPY!! Boo.

    Your son is gorgeous!

    I love carrot cake; we had one as the cake for our October wedding. It's yummy, but I sometimes think of it as merely a vehicle to eat CREAM CHEESE FROSTING. Yours looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete